http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/s...ht&lid=tab5pos1
I was a great Cowboys fan growing up. Landry, Dorsett, White, Pearson. They were a team that was not just known as a successful team but a classy team. When Jones took, I never really liked the guy. Something about him was just... sneaky. Then he brought in J. Johnson and used the draft really well along with the Walker trade for draft picks and got Aikman, Smith, Johnston and all kinds of new blood.
Then Jones, who could've been the humble owner and let the glory of the Cowboys shine, got greedy and felt that even he could coach the team... which led to Johnson leaving and Jones bringing in the controversial Switzer who basically just fed off the scraps of Johnson's dinner plate until the scraps (and discipline) ran out. And ever since... the Cowboy's have truly been a reflection of their owner. I agree... Jones' fingerprints is all over the Cowboys... along with his personality and his ego. I believe they have some good guys on there as well... people like Witten, Romo, Zach Thomas... but if you look down the roster of the Cowboys, there aren't a lot of recognizable names that you know much about and the ones that you do... you dont trust them much at all except for a few.
With Jones as owner and general manager... dont expect a Cowboys championship in the near future for two reasons: You are known by the company that you keep......and too much poison... it kills you.






Bookmarks